- FreeFall pays for all published work: $10/page prose up to $100 and $25 per poem plus a copy of the issue the work is published in
- A submission consists of 1 prose piece up to 4000 words or 5 poems
- We accept simultaneous submissions but please notify us if your piece is picked up by another magazine
- We do not publish previously published works: online, digital, or print
- A response by email will take anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months
- Art: Black & White photographs of Original Artwork or photographs of any other subject matter. Photo format – submit as black & white to a maximum size of 6” x 4” — minimum of 300 dpi, as artistname_title.jpg. FreeFall pays $100.00 for cover art/photo and one copy of the magazine upon publication. We also provide the artist/photographer a one page bio inside the issue to promote themselves.
Please note: We buy First North American Serial Rights and First Digital Publication Rights only. After publication, copyright reverts to the author
FreeFall is looking for exquisite book reviews.
FreeFall Book Review Guideline:
A review of:
Title of the Book
By Author’s Name
We are typically looking for 700 to 900 words; however, we’re open to longer or shorter reviews as long as they’re pitched to us first. We give priorities to book reviews from and by Alberta authors, but we are open to book reviews from all Canadian artists. If published, we page $10 per page and one copy of FreeFall. Payment is paid upon publication.
We would prefer that all book reviews be recent (last two years) and be published by small press titles.
Stylistically, we would prefer if the body content of the book review follows proper Modern Language Association (MLA) style. We especially enjoy having page numbers and embedded quotations.
For examples, please refer to http://www.freefallmagazine.com/reviews/.
Questions about and proposals for book reviews can be submitted to email@example.com.